2.12.2008

i *heart* jane austen

yes, i'm a sap. i love all things jane austen. pbs has been airing jane austen movies every sunday night for masterpiece theater since january. i am recording them all and watch them repeatedly. my obsession for it comes and goes, but since it's been on pbs this past month the obsession is definitely here right now. i've seen every jane austen movie i know of and i think nearly every version. just in the past two weeks i've watched jane austen's book club, becoming jane, miss austen regrets, and my least favorite version of mansfield park (billie piper is fanny price). for those of you thinking i must have a lot of free time on my hands to lay around and watch romance movies, let me try to redeem myself a little. i actually only get to watch them 45 minutes at a time while i'm exercising on the elliptical and since i've been deprived of my grey's anatomy episodes lately (stupid strike), i gotta watch something! so for all you other austen fans, which heroine are you?

Take the Quiz here!
(thanks cindy!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

FAITH! What's going on? Cute blog--good lookin' family. I would have never pegged you a Jane Austen fan. I'm more a Edgar Allan Poe girl. A bit macabre, but entirely engaging.

Are you in Queen Creek?

BTW--It's your new facebook friend--Anna Greer (Macfarlane)

Tanya Leigh said...

Oooo! I'm a struggling Austen fan myself; I simply have been deprived for SO long! I'll have to record it next Sunday too! (thanks for spreading the word.)

Dewitt's said...

well i have enjoyed the quiz and i know you and rach think i hated the movie becoming jane but really i did enjoy it and i have seen pride and prejudice several times, i did live with karen! ; )