the boys woke up at 8:30 this morning [thanks guys] and rushed down the stairs to find that santa did indeed answer their plea. 2 "wiggle" cars resembling something out of a dr. seuss book appeared under our tree sometime during the night. the boys promptly took them for a quick spin to where their stockings were hung with care. those were filled as well [and not with coal as i would have thought]. and that was all they had time for as we whisked them off to my dad's house for the traditional christmas morning pancake breakfast. the house was full of extended family and friends when we arrived and i don't think the kids ever did end up eating much. they were busy running around with other santa-visited children.
we returned home to finish opening presents and pass out goodies to our friendly neighbors in the rain. [yes, we left out the unfriendly ones. it's christmas, not a utopia] a nice steady rain fell all day long-and that's as close as we come to a white christmas. we spent the remainder of the day trying to get toys out of their twisty-tie-abused packaging and laying around until it was time to pack up and head into town again.
we congregated at my sister rachel's house for dinner, fun and games with more family and more friends. afterall, what's christmas without a little ham and rock band? jonah asked me what i wanted for christmas and i told him two good little boys. to which he replied, "but that's the only thing santa doesn't have in his sack." no kidding? i don't have any either, but i love the ones i've got anyway.
we hope that your day was just as merry and that you got everything you wished for. [now that i've officially never gotten around to my christmas cards, that's all the holiday well-wishing you're going to get from us.] until next year...
have yourself a merry little mismas - coldplay
4 comments:
oh my gosh how funny was Jonah's comment! I love that little bugger. Too cute! What a busy but super fun Christmas you guys had! I love it that it lasts for days in our families...
BTW - I LOVE you in that photo with Joe and the boys. You look fabulous!
Catching up on blogs.... yours is fun as usual, cute pics and I didn't realize your kids didn't get up until 8:30 Christmas morning! What was in their hot chocolate Christmas Eve?!
First of all I just copy and pasted the layout of my kids pics from your blog to my blog :) I hope you don't mind. Second of all didn't you say you Christmas shopped at the last minute. I tried buying those plasma cars for my boys and they were sold out at all the stores by me!!! Oh well. Your blog is awsome as ever. I wish I had a creative side!
Heidi
Post a Comment