1.31.2010

hala ka ukulele, mama made a baby

we've been living in our own world with our new little family of five. cocooned by the clouds and rainy days, it's been a little surreal, kind of like the atmosphere of christmas.

i don't want to go back. i don't want joe to go to work, i don't want the boys to go to school. i don't want family members to leave.  i just want everyone to stay wrapped up like baby eden in daddy's perfected baby burrito.


and i don't want my supply of happy pills [aka percocet] to run out either. just sayin'.

but there are lots of little lovelies to still look forward to and daydream about. like when i put my cheek next to my baby girl's and pretend that she wants to give me a kiss, but she's really just rooting for some mama milk.
banana pancakes - jack johnson

8 comments:

Tanya Leigh said...

Oh, my. What a perfect new blog name :) Perfectly perfect. (I think I said something like that in my last comment ;)

and, oh, those newborn baby ultrasoft cheeks. Mmmmmm...

good luck with the cocoon. Sounds perfect. :)

ccccmcrosby said...

"just sayin'"

love you guys. hope it's a smooth transition.

Jeri said...

I like the new name. Super cute. I probably won't see you new baby for a couple months so I'm gonna need some more pictures. Please.

Skousen Family! said...

Faith,
She is so Cute! I love the pix of Joe he really is a Poud Papa!
Good luck with your new little one,I am right here with you! I agree happy pills are the BEST

Dewitt's said...

Nothing is better than a Daddy's Girl! Love her uh i mean them of course ;)

jeri said...

It's kind of "surreal" that Faith hasn't updated her blog in over a month.

Just sayin'. Get to it.

n said...

Wooowww :D I loved your blog is verry simple and beautiful,I wish everything good for you and to your family

JJ Kimmel said...

I just found you here from your FB....so very, very excited for you guys that you had another baby - anda beautiful little girl!! Yeah! She was born close to my bday - Jan 28.

Would love to reconnect with you guys. We are staying in a house down at the beach in Dana Point until June 1, if you guys get the itch and want to drive out, we have a guest room!!

Hope you are feeling well, Faith. And at least getting a little sleep!

Take care, Jamei