2.08.2011

Edie in ONE-derland

i am so in love with this baby and this party theme. it's a good thing i had a girl so i could finally get it out of my head and into reality. let's just  say, be prepared for an obscene amount of photos. this party took place almost 3 weeks ago now, and that would be your first clue as to how long it took me to narrow them down for this post. i have had big birthday parties with all 3 of my babies for their first birthdays. i like to celebrate their addition to our family even though i know they won't remember it. this, however, puts a lot of pressure on the photos. i wish i had the means to hire a professional for these things and put the pressure on them instead of burdening my guests* and myself, but i wish for a lot of things. that being said, i will just let the photos speak for themselves...

you can click on the different photo collages to enlarge them a bit. and you can go here to see the invites and thank you cards, if you like.

*thank you, Rachel and Valerie for your photography skills and contributions! 
and a special thank you, thank you, thank you to: 
Joe for playing along and getting the job done because really, i have lots of ideas, but he has know-how, baby.
Rachel for that fabulous apron she made for Edie's dress. SO perfect.
my neighbors, Jen & Jeff, and my mom who spent numerous hours helping us out-from baking, to hanging lights and decorations, to wrangling children.
Karen and my sisters for lending party details. [chairs, dishes, clothes, etc.]
and Sara for my, "i'm not gonna lie," AWESOME hair.

alice-avril lavigne

9 comments:

Jeri said...

So cute. You are so good at this. I'm pretty jealous of all your ideas. I'm just glad you have them first so I can steal them later.

Sommer said...

darling, your baby & the party!

Rachel said...

oh, how i love a good tea party! eden's was, by far, the best i've been to - okay, the only i've been to - but i'm sure it will never be topped.

happy bday to sweet edie!

Amanda Kristeen said...

It's like my dream come true! It's so beautiful! I have a tea set which I've always liked to arrange in a very Alice-in-Wonderland way and I've had tea parties, but they were always fairly modest affairs... Someday!! :) Great job!

Amanda Kristeen said...

Ah, I just love it!!!! I can't stop going about it!!

Dewitt's said...

beautiful people beautiful party! Edie is one lucky lil one year old! happy bday baby Eden!

Tanya Leigh said...

Wow. DREAMland! Did you originate this ONEderland deal? I tell you what, Faith. You are one amazing gal.

jfbast said...

thanks all. it was really fun to bring it all together. anyone up for a spot of tea, just come on over. i'm all set up for it.

jfbast said...

tanya-no,no. i did not coin that one. i actually saw it first on like, a weight-loss forum, or something...something about getting down into the 100 lbs range is Onederland. ha! and it went with my wonderland theme i was googling for ideas.