Nothing is so peaceful as Enya's Oiche Chiun (Silent Night). Her hypnotic voice compels you to stop whatever it is that you are doing and just relax. I have that song on the boys' lullaby playlist year-round. It reminds me of peace, warmth, Christmas, but most of all Jonah's birthday. Being our first child, the anticipation of his birth was so exciting in itself, but with it also being Christmas time and the magic of it's atmosphere, words cannot explain the joy Joe and I felt that year. When that song plays it brings me back to those moments with our first brand new baby. It rained that night as Joe and I excitedly drove to the hospital, just as it is raining tonight on Jonah's Birthday Eve. And on December 12 at 4:52 pm, about 20 hours after we arrived at the hospital, we finally had our firstborn son. All 7lbs. 3 0z and 21 inches of him. It truly was a blessed night. I remember being so exhausted, yet not being able to sleep. I had to keep willing my eyes to shut because I couldn't stop staring at this beautiful baby while he peacefully slept.


2 comments:
Aww. Faith, this was such a beautiful post, it brought tears to my eyes.
oh, stop it. are you trying to make us all cry?
Post a Comment