joe's left me, again. this time for something more exotic [korea] and i haven't left the house or showered in months. oh, alright. it's only been a day and a half, but i'm feeling a little stale. i've got to get out, but unlike the miss havisham, i don't have a pile of wealth i'm just sitting on. what's an old spinster to do? forget expensive water parks and movie theatres, just the $4.19 a gallon is getting me [keeping in mind that i live in BFQC]. the boys have been loving the play dough lately, but even that's bound to run its course. luckily, for the boys, we do have a pool. i'm not much for swimming, though [or anything else that involves such minimal clothing]. i do occasionally suck it up [and in] and take the boys swimming, for their sakes. i don't actually get in the water though, i just sit beside it and melt. getting in the pool with the boys used to be joe's forté, you know, before he left us. i sure hope he comes back. [we miss you.]siren - tori amos
4 comments:
No kidding! I feel the same way about gas prices *argh!* No more melting at the pool-side - Jump IN!! ;)
Faith-
I hate gas. . .and it is supposed to get to $6 plus bucks by Christmas I hear! I am seriously planning on downsizing my car. I have been trying to get prego for a while and am kinda over it. . . So there is no reason I can't squeeze into a car! I am sorry you are a loner w/ Joe in Korea. Wow- cool for him though. I used to melt at the poolside too but I have come to enjoy swimming with the kids. It reminds me of being "young" again.
Remeber the days on or animal rafts "Frankie" and what was the other one? (post 7th grade soap stars).
Heidi
the water temp. is not quite up to par for me, guys. i'd rather melt, for now.
heidi, i'm laughing out loud about the "frankie" rafts.
Joe comes back tomorrow! Woohoo!
Post a Comment