7.19.2008

mahalo

07 18 08_5031

i've been wanting to have a luau for a few years now and what better occasion than my own summer birthday. i like to throw parties, especially one with a theme, so we went all out. we lei'd, we bbq'd, [some] hula'd, we feasted at sundown, we slapped mosquitos, and we ate ooey gooey lava cakes and drank frozen tropical drinks.

collage5

thanks to all my friends and family who came out to help me celebrate my 30th birthday. and special thanks to my wonderful husband for all the blood, sweat, and tears he put into it. really, he is amazing and half of my visions would not become reality if i didn't have his talents on hand. and thanks to amber, rachel and sara for their special efforts with food, photography, and babysitting. thank you, mother nature, for mild weather, a beautiful sunset, and a full hawaiian moon. and last but not least, i'd like to thank the academy and all my fans out there. i couldn't have done it without you.

somewhere over the rainbow / wonderful world - iz

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Faith - It was such a nice party! We had a great time. Thanks for including us! And hope it was a memorable 30th for you...

Rachel said...

thank the academy...cute.
:)

you do know how to put together a rockin' party. don't quit.

marsha said...

Fantastic Party!!

Dewitt's said...

haha que the music...

Mara said...

Sorry there was no gift accompanied with my brilliant presence at your party (I know cheep!), not that you would have known I was there from the looks of your blog ; ),
however as it is your 30th I wanted to just share a few brief things I have had cross my mind several times recently about you...
I think you are such a clever writer, I alway enjoy your blogs and your way of dry-humor expression!
Your are very creatively talented, instrumental, singing, your clever invitations and fabulous party decorating....go all out! And more...
You are a great mom and wife, I think you have softened in time.. you will just be a big pillow-like woman by the time you are 40 if you keep this up...
Your understanding and compassion for others definitely falls under this category. ...
And last (for now) but not least, your willingness without complaint or irritation, in helping me in my tight babysitting situations. I know it is not easy having two babies (2 year olds non-the-less) at the same time. Thanks!

Happy Birthday! Love You!