10.22.2008

rocking the vote

"no pressure. you're just picking the leader of the free world."


if you're not much of a political buff, try this quiz. [thanks, anna] if you can't answer these few simple questions because of a lack of knowledge [like me] it's time to get to work, i think, and because obama's not george dubya is not good enough and you're running out of time.

i registered for early voting through the mail #1 so i didn't have to wrestle the boys into the booth and #2 so i could look up and read on each proposition as i vote. it's like having a cheat sheet. 4 years ago, i was in a booth with baby jonah hanging on my leg going proposition what the what? and trying to decide who should be elected to the state senate by whose name sounded familiar. [i actually ended up leaving most of my ballot blank.] i was decided on whom to vote for president, but nothing else. i've already received my ballot in the mail and am taking my sweet time deciding which bubble to fill in without a child clawing at me or escaping under the curtain. [btw-according to my ballot i can still vote for paul newman. RIP]

so here's to an improved voting citizen, although i already miss the validation of the t-shirt adorning i voted today sticker. at least i have a blog on which i can post a picture of one come election day. [november 4th, peeps.]
rockin' in the free world - neil young

5 comments:

Deb said...

Thanks Faith, it was strangley fulfilling to see the 'other' guy get sprung off.

I know what you mean about the voting booth. Years ago I was dashing around with little kids wanting to get to vote, made it there, happened to look down at my feet and I had two different shoes on my feet. :] Good luck with your research!

Cristin said...

Thanks for the quiz. I took it and looks I'm supporting the right guy. I'm going to forward this to my family.

Amanda Kristeen said...

Love the opening quote Faith. I mean really: if you're going to vote, make sure you know who you're choosing as the leader of the free world. This is a vital election and I pray that the right leader is elected. I read this awesome article by a Democrat that I loved, it's: http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2008-10-05-1.html
Love ya! Enjoy voting without the accompanying wrestling match! ;)

Rachel said...

i'm a bit politically obsessed as of late. good quiz. mail in voting is the way to go... i prefer staying a hermit anyway.

Dewitt's said...

i was nervous i wasn't gonna get my guy but i totally did and that puts my mind at ease! it was a god quiz.. can i still order early ballet or no?