what the 87% ?!
this makes me sad, really sad. i was in the school spelling bee in elementary school for the love... i like details* and i like words and i prefer them always to be spelled correctly. in fact, i won't lie, i judge people when they spell words wrong. especially on blogs. this is why god [or webster, or whoever?] gave us spell check and other on-line resources for the tricky ones [like then & than, to & too, there, they're & their, etc.] i also taught 3rd grade. spelling was very emphasized, as was punctuation and grammar. i do make the occasional spelling/punctuation/grammatical errors, i'll admit. and when [if] i realize it i am pretty much horrified, mortified, and scarified- yes this is a real word. [i also like the thesaurus.] as in, my pride has been scarified by the tragically disappointing 87% on my on-line blogger spelling test.
*so why don't i capitalize proper nouns and the beginnings of my sentences, you ask?
i'm just so complex.
*so why don't i capitalize proper nouns and the beginnings of my sentences, you ask?
i'm just so complex.
5 comments:
you are nothing if not complex...
i scored a 93%. and frankly, i'm ticked it was not 100%. (but at least i scored higher than miss spelling bee 1984)
funny the whole time i was reading it i was thinking i bet rachel is all over this and she is going to being ticked if she doesn't get the higher score!
i am obviously the sister that is soo non complex! (is that even a word?) WHO CARES! ; )
I was all cocky thinking I was going to score 100% but alas I did not. I'm right there with you at 87% :-)
Okay, yeah. This test has GOT to be rigged. "What the 87%" is right for ME TOO! (I really think something is up. ;)
and, HEY! If you know that movie, you NAME that movie! I'll be super-impressed! I probably wouldn't even think about that 87% anymore if you get it right ;) ;)
um, would it be considered bragging if I told you that I got 100%? Oh, it would? Never mind, then!
My pet peeve on the grammar front is "ANYWAYS". Oh COME ON, people! It is "anyway", leave off that blasted S!
Good find!
Post a Comment