since school's been back in, i decided it's time to revamp more than just my front door. so joe and i have started doing our own "homework" [much preferred to that other kind we used to know] on the weekends. this project has not been any less grueling during the paint choosing process. 2 trips to home depot*, 3 different shades of green**, and 4 coats of paint later, voila! 1 "new" dresser.
i taped off the reverse tree stencil with painters tape so that the original wood would show through for the tree color. an idea i would love to credit to the person i stole it from who stole it from someone else, if i remembered who they were and/or where to find them.*hint: those colors they falsely advertise on the samples at home depot usually turn out much brighter in real life.
**and i'm still not sure it's the color i was going for, but close 'nuff.
weekend wars - mgmt
7 comments:
oooh, aren't you crafty? looks good. if you run out of homework at your house, you're welcome to come get started on mine.
rachel - you were one of those kids?
LOVE it... good job Faith! I love the green.
Wowee, ZOWIE! (and, I just got your joke to Rachel ;) haha.
That tree shall be stoled once again... when I get a fraction of the 'homework' ambition YOU have! Way to go!
Ooh, I like it a lot! Check you out, Faith! Way to work the re-use, recycle into STYLE!
Wow, this is awesome! I love it! Great job.
it worked the tree looks fabulous! expect nothing less when your on a project!
Post a Comment