
ever wondered if you're truly old?
here's how you know: try doing something that only someone young would do. if you crash and burn, you're old.
how do i know this?
ask me, "faith, what happened to your face?"
funny you should ask. actually, i fell off my bike-facial contact with the asphalt. that's what happened. [not pictured: a small gouge on my knee and two still-stinging palms on my hands.]
definitely old.
it's not about numbers, appearance, or health even-by these standards, as long as you can successfully ride a bike, or participate in say, the slip n' slide, or jump on a trampoline, you're golden.
"that's why you should probably have training wheels," jonah says.
if i ever wanted to tell my 5 year old to shut his yapper...
here's how you know: try doing something that only someone young would do. if you crash and burn, you're old.
how do i know this?
ask me, "faith, what happened to your face?"
funny you should ask. actually, i fell off my bike-facial contact with the asphalt. that's what happened. [not pictured: a small gouge on my knee and two still-stinging palms on my hands.]
definitely old.
it's not about numbers, appearance, or health even-by these standards, as long as you can successfully ride a bike, or participate in say, the slip n' slide, or jump on a trampoline, you're golden.
"that's why you should probably have training wheels," jonah says.
if i ever wanted to tell my 5 year old to shut his yapper...
those dancing days are gone - carla bruni
14 comments:
i'm wondering how you managed to crash on burn on a CRUISER!!
ouch. good luck with your knitting.
the 5 year old cut me off causing me to wreck and then proceeded to mock me for it.
i've heard knitting can be very exhilarating.
Faith! Holy Crap! I crashed...actually went right over the front...on my cruiser quite a few years ago. I was returning movies to the video store at 11:30 at night...totally crashed in the parking lot...laid there...picked myself up...got back on my bike...rode home...walked in the door...started to cry...Dave asked what happened...I reply - like a 5 year old mind you - "I wrecked on my bike!" I couldn't lift my arm for almost a week! Glad you're in the club. Love ya!
I'm sorry I can't stop laughing! Not that you crashed that is sad but your face made contct w asphalt & Jonah mocking!
~I WANT EMILY TO BLOG! HOW I MISS THEM!
emily!! thank you for your empathy and appreciation of the fact that cruisers are totally dangerous!-[rachel.] i pathetically walked my bike home while biting my tongue-lest jonah get the brunt of my thoughts. at least you harnessed your fear and got right back in saddle. it's commendable.
sara- your compassion is moving. ;)
lol. Sorry, the stinging hands sounds so un-fun. I have too many memories of that! ... hey - wouldn't that make you YOUNGER to be crashing on your bike?? :)
ps. that is a really pretty picture of you!
thanks, tanya, for the perspective and the compliment-it's really all about the editing, though. :)
i ♥ photoshop.
At least you look pretty in your picture - despite the bruiser from the cruiser...ha I'm cheesy!
Just going to say... funny!!!
and the other comments are just as funny! Tis a good laugh... yes at your expense...
Emily.... need your email!!
First of all, you know you are old when your children say "mommy, can you go pee right now so you can come jump on the trampoline with me?" Yes, They like to avoid the embarrasing scene of me jumping to high or doing a back flip in front of their friends only to then have me running in the house holding my "bladder" area! And by the way, I don't see any eye wrinkles!
Heidi
Oh how I can relate to Heidi!! Ugh!... OLD..
heidi- like i said, i ♥ photoshop. perhaps i should've left the wrinkles in given the subject of this post. i just couldn't do it when i had the option. everyday life is punishment enough. and yes, the trampoline is every post-pregnant woman's foe. the sacrafices we make!
thanks for breaking the "blogger" ice with your most recent comment. i couldn't help but comment on this one...too funny!! it's a sad day when we start to feel "old" set in. i have never crashed on a cruiser (that's only because i've never owned one though). however, i can totally sympathize with you. the most recent confirmation of my oldness was at the grocery store by some pre-teen girls who had the gall to say to me..."what are you looking at lady." LADY!!! since when did i become lady!! they were the ones being loud and obnoxious in fry's...i never did anything like that!! haha
Post a Comment