did that sound convincing? with the ALL CAPS and extra exclamation point?
not really?
yeah, obviously i'm not much of a football fan. even though i was a cheerleader in my past life, i really only did it for the pom-poms. i had no idea what was going on in the game, ever. they said, cheer, I cheered-woot. woot. the worst kind of cheerleader, i realize.
truth is, i was incredibly insecure in front of the crowd and the games were the worst aspect of cheerleading. are there other aspects, you wonder? indeed. it kept me involved, active and was an outlet for all those days spent tortured by dance instructors in my youth. not that i'm not grateful for them, it's just that i still fear them. "you reek!" haunts my dreams, compliments of ms. bridget mc------. and the waking at ungodly hours to go to rehearsal before my 5th-grade self even made it to school in the morning, just to return to the studio for more when the dismissal bell rang. [my 15 minutes of fame and proof that while i wasn't uncoordinated, still an awkward child-not something you grow out of, i guess.]
but now that i'm officially old, i'd happily go back and endure it all again. the experiences, the skill, the discipline, and making of friends along the way is a big part of what molded me into the person i am today. even if you couldn't pay me enough to ever dance in front of a crowd again.
so, they didn't win, but they made a very valiant effort if you ask me.
root, root, root for the home team. [that's all i got.]
those dancing days are gone-carla bruni [reiterated even more literally]
8 comments:
Oh man, you should have won! Professional dancer, eh? And Natalie an anesthesiologist? Good stuff!
yeah. professional dancer? i don't know what that was about. i must have thought it would please my instructor-such a pleaser. like i said, they scared me.
don't forget what a maggot you are! that's the slur i recall with fondness.
nice cheerleader and dance pics. i especially love the one where you rival olivia newton-john. awesome!
and oh ya, i think the star search hair do should make a comeback soon.
Wow, Faith! I'm impressed, I didn't know all that about you. Nice cheerleader picture!
WOW. Where did you find that clip? I totally remember watching you on T.V! *the show was rigged*
And, while we're remembering Bridget's terms of endearment: SCUM BUCKET!
*and, by the way, that is an awesome picture of the upset last night*
i loved the pic of you in the blue star leo! no really i think it's cute! I spent hours watching all the star search clips that jjp was involved in!
and i have surpressed all endearing terms that came out of dance!
hahaha "a grown man cry" that is soo picture perfect! last nights theme!
The picture of grown men crying has to be a fake! Justin isn't doing anything! I distinctly remember his screaming, "THAT WAS HUGE, THAT WAS HUGE!!"
How on earth did I never know about the Star Search gig?!
Great post, or should I say posts? I'm busy catching up on blogs tonight and I've enjoyed catching up on all your posts.
Post a Comment