5.09.2009

live long and prosper

My Pictures2-3joe took me to see the new star trek for mother's day.

boldly going where no man has gone before-nothing says thank you for birthing and mothering our children like a premiere of the new, final frontier.

so what if he's the veteran trekkie and i nearly want to put myself out of my misery every time we come across those painful reruns on late night television.

he even highlighted the event with a photo booth shoot to document the event.*

the thing is, i kinda really liked it.

[shhh, don't tell anyone.]

besides having to sit next to the guy who smells like greasy scalp and has a comment for everything [ahh, no waaaay, unh uh, woah...] and an obnoxious laugh, i quite enjoyed the movie. gone was the stale, awkward acting and replaced with young, beautiful actors. i know captain kirk's the resident lady-killer with those baby blue eyes, but i was much more drawn to the young spock. i don't know, something about his quick logic and pointy ears was fascinating and just drew me in. so he's emotionally closed and has slightly demonic eyebrows...what else is new? analysis, mr. spock?- i have issues.


*please excuse my over-zealous, over-vulcanized hand signals even when in a lip-lock, but i'm new to this.

8 comments:

Jeri said...

Super cute pictures.

Rachel said...

"besides having to sit next to the guy who smells like greasy scalp and has a comment for everything [ahh, no waaaay, unh uh, woah...] and an obnoxious laugh..."

that's really no way to talk about joe - he did treat you to a movie, after all.

this post made me giggle.

Cristin said...

Ha ha. I just read your post after writing mine. Wow, we ARE nice wives aren't we?

Tanya Leigh said...

Those pictures are precious. Did Joe get another hair-a-cut?? ... and, I guess I'm one step closer to seeing this movie after your review ;)

TamaRon FamLee said...

How fun! Ron wanted to take me to see this movie last weekend too- maybe i'll give in now after seeing your review.

cute pictures!

Dewitt's said...

LOVE the pics. who knew people can look good in those...well i never do! I too LOVED the movie, who woulda thunk!

Mara said...

Very fun! Cute post!
BTW I LOVE photo boths! I am pretty sure I would have one in my house if I had money to through away!
Again...cute!

Mara said...

Ummm...photo BOOTHS

thank you